In this article, we have covered the difference between the two highlighters. Since there is a lot of confusion between them, hopefully, after reading this article, it will be clear.
What is Node.js?
This software is responsible for both back-end and front-end development. You might be familiar with the concept of front-end development but, you might be wondering what back-end development is? Back-end development refers to server-side development in web development. And Node.js is one of the essentials for back-end development. This software provides the developers with an efficient method to write light and scalable scripts.
One of the biggest industries of today’s tech sector is mobile application development. Apart from writing real-time applications Node js, can be used for mobile application development as well. Social networking, data collection, streaming, e-commerce, and online marketplaces or stores are a few notable examples of Node Js.
Highlights of Node.js
- Node JS is among the most widespread libraries on the network. Some of the well-known websites that use Node JS include PayPal, AliExpress, and Twitter. Node JS can be found everywhere, from well-established companies to startups.
- If you want a solution to build scalable and fast server-side applications, Node JS would be the most suitable choice. It is easier as you have to write fewer lines of code, which also makes the reviewing process easy.
- Reply to HTTP requests, access the database from a machine, and listen to traffic networks all at the same time with Node JS.
Drawbacks of Node.js
- Node JS has constant updates. Due to continuous updates, users must carefully monitor Node JS as sometimes all the additions are not thoroughly tested or examined.
- Node JS lacks a solid, well-equipped library support system.
- When heavy applications are considered, they might not be as effective as it is for smaller applications.
What is Java?
In today’s modern time, you must have heard the word Java. What is Java? It made it to the industry 25 years ago, in May 1995. Well, Java is one of the most popular programming languages. It is a general-purpose, object-oriented, class-based language created by James Gosling. Programs based in Java can run similarly on various hardware and operating systems as it is portable. Effortlessly it has assumed a lot of support and thus, is one of the most popular programming languages on the planet. Android apps like Spotify, financial services, and e-commerce like Barclays, Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, service industries like Uber, Airbnb, social media platforms like Pinterest, LinkedIn, Slack, and Instagram, search engines like google are all based upon Java.
Highlights of Java
- Java has the requirement of a JRE on your operating system. Ans this requirement can be fulfilled, from their official website. JRE stands for Java Runtime Environment.
- Java enjoys a lot of popularity because the code written in this language can run almost anywhere. Competing directly with Python and C, Java is a preference for several developers in the market.
- Several frameworks are built on Java, a great example of which is Spring. It is a web development framework that has become quite popular recently. Providing excellent support for Graphic User Interface (GUI), networking, and concurrency Java is popular software in the market.
Drawbacks of Java
When considering Node.js vs. Java, you should also know the disadvantages of Java.
- Few native languages like C or C++ are faster than Java.
- Java enjoys no backup facility. It works in the storage format.
- If you don’t have much memory space then, using Java can prove to be a problem.
- Java enjoys the status of being learned quickly, but its codes are verbose. This makes it extremely tough to read and understand.
Node JS Vs. Java – A Detailed Comparison
You must have drawn some common differences between the two software. The following is a detailed comparison.
|Java is a server-side programming language. It is not concerned with the front-end or the browser||On the other hand, Node JS can be used on the server-side and the client-side easily.|
|if you have to create complex and concurrent applications based on the web. If compared with other software, Java would be best for you.||If you have a small-sized application in hand then, Node JS is perfect for you|
|Java can take care of tasks that are CPU intensive and require vital computing power.||On the other hand, Node JS is suitable for I/O bound tasks such as media streaming, real-time chat, and real-time collaboration.|
|Tapestry, Struts, Spring, and JSF are some of the popular frameworks based on Java||Node JS has several frameworks like Partial JS, Sails JS, and Express JS.|
|Projects that have a lot of concurrencies can be Java-based.||Node JS is not considered due to one of the most negative points, the inability to handle the thread as effectively as Java|
|Java uses the functionality more effectively than Node JS.||Node JS can’t use functionality more effectively than Java|
There are a lot of differences between Node JS and Java. We hope that our article on Node JS Vs. Java helped you understand these differences clearly. One can often land in confusion while choosing Java or Node JS.
So, it is better to know the software entirely before making a choice. Node JS is a framework, while Java is a programming language. There might be some projects for which Java would be more efficient.
Similarly, there will be projects that can be done efficiently using Node JS.
It depends upon you and your requirements. If you’re a JS developer, Node JS would be a fantastic choice for you as it’s one of the most efficient frameworks. With Java’s frameworks and libraries, you can work on web development projects with much ease.
We hope this article about Node.js vs. java is helpful to you. Do share this content on social media if you find it useful for you in any manner.
Founder of Cmile. Expert in mobile app📱 & web🌍 development. Passionate about technologies💻. On mission🚀 to digitally solve people’s problems. Love to use emojis✌🏼